Re: relay modules?

Sujet : Re: relay modules?
De : cl (at) *nospam* isbd.net (Chris Green)
Groupes : comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 15:16:03
Mike Scott <usenet.16@scottsonline.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
Hi all. Two separate projects which will need a relay of some sort to
run from a Pi or similar.

I'm really looking for something plug-and-go rather than build-your-own
(especially item 2 below)

First is a dpdt relay to switch around 12-20 V at a couple of amps. spdt
are easy to come by; the only dpdt ones I've found are on aliexpress,
but their longevity is possibly open to question :-{

Try CPC (cpc.farnell.com), but you will probably need some sort of
'driver' between the Pi digital output and the relay coil.
Alternatively, as suggested here, a solid state switch or even an opto
isolator.

Second is something to switch mains safely - a full 13A to run a 3kW
heater. I've drawn a blank: best I can think of is to butcher one of
those wireless mains switch modules, which would at least provide a good
isolation gap :-)

Again CPC will probably have something, but again you'll need
something between the Pi and the 'whatever'.

Are there not ready made relay modules for the Pi?

--
Chris Green
·