Re: Newsreaders eh?

Sujet : Re: Newsreaders eh?
De : b.rose.tmpbox (at) *nospam* arcor.de (Bernd Rose)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 19. Apr 2021, 06:16:40
On Mon, 19th Apr 2021 00:24:51 +0200, bill wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 20:27:12 +0200, Bernd Rose wrote:

As long as you assign each one a different dedicated port/socket for local
communication, there are no problems, whatsoever, in my experience.

I agree with Bernd stunnel with Dialog should work with multiple servers.

As an example you might want stunnel.conf for dizum & eternal september.
You could set your newsreader to server:port 127.0.0.1:11111 for dizum.
And you'd then set the newsreader server:port to 127.0.0.1:22222 for ET.

Then I'm guessing but the stunnel.conf file would probably look like this.
 ; dizum
 [nntp]
 client = yes
 accept = 127.0.0.1:11111
 connect = news.dizum.net:563
 verifyChain = yes
 CAfile = ca-certs.pem
 checkHost = news.dizum.net
 OCSPaia = yes
 ;
 ; eternal september
 [nntp]
 client = yes
 accept = 127.0.0.1:22222
 connect = news.eternal-september.org:563
 verifyChain = yes
 CAfile = ca-certs.pem
 checkHost = news.eternal-september.org
 OCSPaia = yes

Small correction: The section names in stunnel.conf need to be different,
like [nntp_dizum] and [nntp_es] or [nntp1] and [nntp2]. The rest looks
fine to me, from a quick glance.

The port numbers can not be arbitrary high. But the examples are in the
range of 16 bit unsigned and therefore okay. No port numbers should be
used, that may be used by a different server on localhost. It is best to
check against a List of well-known port numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

Again, the examples shown should be okay.

Bernd