Re: Posting with slrn AND nano

Sujet : Re: Posting with slrn AND nano
De : ronb02NOSPAM (at) *nospam* gmail.com (RonB)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 22. May 2021, 01:36:26
On 2021-05-21, Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2021 04:24:33 -0000 (UTC),
  ffuentes <ffuentes@sdf-f.spam.org> wrote:
 Here I have a silly question. Do any of you use nano to post to
 newsgroups?

 I know slrn has a good example of how to setup vim to post but
 how can someone post from nano? I wanna make nano wrap at 72
 characters (which can be done with -r) but I also wanna make
 the cursor to stay in between the response and the header.

 nano -r 72 -S +10

 Is this right? Do any of you have a better idea?

I use pico, which I think is related to nano.  Here's what I have
in my .slrnrc, perhaps it will help?

set editor_command "pico -z -t -r66 -Q \"> \" %s"

The "-r66" part is the line length before wrapping.  Many of the
newsgroups I frequent have extended back and forth discussions, so
after a few exchanges 72 starts to look pretty bad.

I also love pico's rewrap feature (Ctrl-j) that even rewraps
quoted text properly (used it above).

I use that feature (Ctrl-b) all the time in jstar as well (it appears to
work the same). I might look at setting up a jstar configuration just for
slrn — you make a good point about using 66 columns instead of a higher
number.

--
Saudis bomb & starve Yemeni civilians: (crickets)
Yemenis attack Saudi oil facilities: TERRORISM!