Re: [slrn] Test for slrn IRC channel...

Sujet : Re: [slrn] Test for slrn IRC channel...
De : g.kreme (at) *nospam* kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 28. May 2021, 01:52:25
In message <slrnsav5po.ctk.theise@panix2.panix.com> Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> wrote:
On 26 May 2021 22:45:15 GMT,
  andrew <andrew@skamandros.invalid> wrote:
 On 2021-05-26, Ted Heise <theise@panix.com> wrote:

Hrrrrmmm, good question.  This is on a FreeBSD system, and the
executable is a link to irc-20170704.  Not sure how to make
the program tell me about itself.  :)

 Might make life easy for yourself by using an application like
 Hexchat or better: irssi. The Blinkenshell owner has a nice
 irssi guide here:

 https://independence.blinkenshell.org/blog/2021/05/26/irc-communities-migrating-to-libera-chat/

Thanks, Andrew.  It will probably be a week or more before I have
free time I could commit to this, though.

irssi is definitely my recommendation, though I no longer do IRC at all.
irssi is full-featured and most importantly, has a lot of support
documents and technical answers to many questions available from your
favorite search engine.

--
Disorder is merely the order you were not looking for." Henri Bergson