Re: Dialog user setup to highlight interesting threads a bold color

Sujet : Re: Dialog user setup to highlight interesting threads a bold color
De : b.rose.tmpbox (at) *nospam* arcor.de (Bernd Rose)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 30. May 2021, 09:05:08
On Sun, 30th May 2021 00:58:05 +0200, bill wrote:

This is a user setup question, where I'm currently at defaults.
But I want to highlight in red (if possible) threads I care to watch.

Manually highlighting messages by color usually is done with a dialog
called from Message menu. This involves several steps and is probably
too time-consuming for your needs.

You could score the messages up, define a color combination for messages
with positive score in Scoring&Actions and re-apply Scoring&Actions for
the current group. This could probably be scripted. IMHO, it still is
a somewhat awkward approach, though.

Therefore I suggest you try the following script:

Program ColoredWatch;
Begin
  ADo('Watch');
  PostKey(82, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false);
  PostKey(66, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false);
  PostKey(89, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false);
  PostKey(65, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false);
  PostKey(79, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false);
  ADoLater('MessageProperties');
End.

The first line just adds a Watch to the current subthread. If you do
not need this, you can delete that line. All other lines stuff the
keyboard buffer with keys to fill the MessageProperties dialog with
suitable values and close it afterwards.

All currently selected messages will get red color on yellow background.
For other colors you need to change 82 (r ... red) and 89 (y ... yellow)
to suitable values. To get blue, for instance, you'd need to send the
PotsKey 66 (b) twice, because the first will select black, while the
second will hit on blue.

Don't mistake the second PostKey line above for sending the letter b.
This line has the second alteration flag set to True, which means the
line sends Alt+b. This is necessary to jump from foreground color entry
field to background color entry.

Accordingly, the fourth PostKey line tries to set "Change all selected
articles" flag by sending Alt+a. This only works, if more than one article
is selected. Else, the key is just omitted.

Unfortunately, the "Changed collapsed folloup's" can not be set in this
manner. Marcus accidentally assigned the shortcut Alt+f to two fields
in this dialog. Without patching the Dialog.exe, (or applying a different
language file) this cannot be changed.

The script is created in the scripting dialog (Settings -> Scripting ->
Scripting) as a new "Custom Script". Do not forget to save it (File
menu) and compile it (Script menu).

If you assign above script to a shortcut like Shift+w, you can change
colors of selected messages with just one keyboard combination. This
can be done with menu Settings -> Configure buttons/shortcuts.

HTH.
Bernd