Re: pan

Sujet : Re: pan
De : dieterhansbritz (at) *nospam* gmail.com (db)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 08. Apr 2024, 11:20:24
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:00:11 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:

db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> wrote at 07:59 this Wednesday (GMT):
On 04.03.2024 22.19, Michael Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 11:59:02 +0100, db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com>
wrote:

I used pan for years but it stopped working. So I removed it (Kubuntu
Linux) and reinstalled it. I typed in the server name
(eternal-september.org), logged in. I then had a blank page. I typed
in "fortran" top left, which used to get me a list of Fortran groups,
but now, no reaction.

What do I do to reactivate pan?

  Delete the pan2 directory/folder in your home directory. Then
  restart PAN
to create a new user and cache. Usually your home directory is
/home/YOURUSERNAME on your disk drive.

YEAH! That worked, pan is running again. Thank you.

Glad to hear it.

I remember it was possible to forever ignore a
particular author. I right clicked the person I want
to avoid now, but it seems that I am now only able
to ignore the thread, not the author. How do I do
it now -or is it not possible any longer?