Re: some Reddit SUBs have quirky rules and moderators.

Sujet : Re: some Reddit SUBs have quirky rules and moderators.
De : J (at) *nospam* M (D)
Groupes : news.software.readers
Date : 08. Apr 2024, 18:25:19
On Mon, 8 Apr 2024 14:40:10 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
Kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote at 13:42 this Monday (GMT):
On 2/22/2024 5:23 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
On 2/21/24 16:06, Retro Guy wrote:
snip
I once saw a post on Reddit advertising novabbs, just saying "Check this
out, it's a Usenet web forum"
That thread got locked and the mod comment was something like "Don't post
links to sites that are illegal. The admin is breaking the TOS of his news
server by letting people post on his site.
I posted that I'm the admin of novabbs and I'm also the admin of the news
server, so I'm not breaking any rules.
That got me banned, lol :)

It's like some people look up USENET, read the Wikipedia page, see the
"Legal issues" section, then freak out.

well, the last few yea...decades Usenet didn't have that much good media
attention

Was there /any/ media attention? I don't remember hearing about it until
I joined.

mainstream media is strictly commercial, catering to those inside the system,
thus has always been strictly controlled by those that control the narrative;
whereas, unmoderated usenet newsgroups are all-inclusive, meaning even those
outside the system may participate, and lurkers could outnumber contributors
and participants by a wide margin; unmoderated is synonymous with uncensored