Re: Request Nova BBS add easier-to-remember search URL links for Usenet article lookups

Sujet : Re: Request Nova BBS add easier-to-remember search URL links for Usenet article lookups
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : news.admin.peering
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 09:45:51
Grant Taylor wrote on Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:07:59 -0500 :

At this point in time, other than the narkive (which, bless David
Caveon's heart, just isn't there yet), you're our only salvation!

Please don't attack people, especially people that aren't in the
conversation to defend themselves.

Sorry. You misinterpreted that. I truly was saying bless his heart.

He's a good guy. Trying to do the right thing. Just like you are.
And just like I am. And just like Retro Guy is trying to do too.

He just doesn't have the time to work on his archive, that's all.

As for all your other suggestions, I think Retro Guy understood them all.
I like your proposed URL better than the suggestions I gave to Retro Guy.
 <https://groups.novabbs.com/g/news.admin.peering>

It matches perfectly the Google Usenet search (which isn't updated).
 <https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering>

I wasn't sure what you had meant by adding a shortcut to the client though.
Is the client you speak of a newsreader? Or a web browser?

If every individual on the planet has to add a shortcut, that doesn't solve
the problem I was trying to solve, which was to set it up for the dummies.