Let Potato vs. Sweet Potato

Sujet : Let Potato vs. Sweet Potato
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (kyonshi)
Groupes : comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 13:14:52
So, this might be a bit off-topic, but as I wanted to explore the world of SBCs a bit...
I have been thinking about buying myself Le Potato (AML-S905X-CC) from Libre Computer for a while, mostly to have a small backup system in case my RPi 3B+ gets fried.
Now I was checking out their website and they are offering a new version, the Sweet Potato (AML-S905X-CC-V2) for the same price. According to reviews I read this is because they are very evenly specced, but from what I can see the new version does have some benefits over the old version: it comes standard with 2GB RAM while Le Potato has 2GB only in the higher price tier, it has a heatsink attached from factory while for Le Potato I'd have to buy one extra, and it has POE.
Is it just me who finds it weird that the price is the same?
Anyone got any experience with those machines?