Re: Apple maps on Raspberry Pi?

Sujet : Re: Apple maps on Raspberry Pi?
De : news (at) *nospam* cct-net.co.uk (Chris Townley)
Groupes : comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 03:34:41
On 22/03/2024 01:26, Başar Alabay wrote:
bp@www.zefox.net wrote on 03.22.2024, 02:08 h:

I just tried to look at Apple maps (maps.apple.com) on my RasPiOS
machine and got nothing but advertising from the Apple store.
 Same here on an Apple.

Is it possible to view Apple maps on a Pi? I normally use Google
maps and wanted to see how they compare. Neither chrome nor firefox
seem able to display Apple's map website on a Pi4.
 Seems like Apple Maps is not like Google Maps or Open Street Map an
accessible map system via browser but via own programm. I can use the
onboard application to view something but not Firefox e.g.
 B. Alabay
I wonder how accurate they are - ISTR a few years ago they revamped them, and missed out quite a few significant UK cities
--
Chris