Re: Anyone tried zoneminder for camera control

Sujet : Re: Anyone tried zoneminder for camera control
De : <bp (at) *nospam* www.zefox.net>
Groupes : comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date : 29. Mar 2024, 23:10:12
The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid> wrote:

Don't run zmu from the command line it's not how it works :-)

Zoneminder is a service that runs all the time in the background doing its
stuff, there is a mysql database at the heart of this system with .php web
pages.

That was what had me stumped, I expected it could be stopped and started
manually or in the startup scripts. My bad....

ps aux |grep zm provides

That command offered proof that zoneminder's not running.

I'll try rebooting at some point to see if that makes any
difference. I'm not likely to want it running all the time,
can it be stopped and started _without_ rebooting?

Thanks for all your help!

bob prohaska