Re: Is the quality standards falling?

Sujet : Re: Is the quality standards falling?
De : newsforpasiphae1953 (at) *nospam* yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Groupes : comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 12:48:57
On 23/03/2024 12:58, nev young wrote:
Is it just me or is the quality of Pi devices falling?

An update.
I know it's bad form to follow up on one's own post but someone may be reading.

So 3 out of 4 NEW v2.1 NOIR cameras failed and had to be returned.
It's now 4 out of 5 dead noir v2.1 cameras.
I note that ALL the dead ones have the metal canned crystal.
I managed to get an "old stock" NOIR V2.1 camera on ebay. It works fine
It also has the old plastic cased crystal.
And was only half the price.

 So I ask the question is quality being skimped on?

I really do believe this is the case.
--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse