Ian Fleming got off with women because he couldn't get on with them, etc.

Sujet : Ian Fleming got off with women because he couldn't get on with them, etc.
De : h.i (at) *nospam* b.ou (Hibou)
Groupes : fr.lettres.langue.anglaise
Date : 30. Jan 2022, 15:27:55
"English is an immensely complicated language to get right, and native speakers often have no idea of its strangeness. We understand the sentence 'I can't put up with the guy I'm putting up at my house, his put-downs really put me out and I'm feeling put-upon.'"
'The language rules we know - but don't know we know' -
<https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20160908-the-language-rules-we-know-but-dont-know-we-know>
Bonne lecture !