Re: INN 2.x FAQ

Sujet : Re: INN 2.x FAQ
De : eagle (at) *nospam* eyrie.org (Russ Allbery)
Groupes : news.software.nntp
Date : 24. Mar 2024, 19:11:14
"floffy@gallaxial.com" <floffy@gallaxial.com> writes:

Does have a fork for windows , i am very not good in linux ....

People have gotten INN working with Cygwin in the past, but it's been
quite a while and it probably doesn't work any more.  INN is very heavily
POSIX-based and would require substantial amounts of care and feeding to
get it to work on Windows, and my experience in the past with keeping such
a port of UNIX software working over time has not been positive.  It tends
to be very intrusive in the source code.

The more interesting question now is whether INN would work on the Windows
Subsystem for Linux (WSL).  That's much more likely, since WSL is
essentially a virtual Ubuntu system.  This may still be too Linux-y for
your needs, but it would be much more likely to work than trying to run
INN as a native Windows application.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

          Please post questions rather than mailing me directly.
     <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.