Re: hamster

Sujet : Re: hamster
De : internetado (at) *nospam* alt119.net (Internetado)
Groupes : news.software.nntp
Date : 01. Apr 2024, 23:57:53
Kyonshi used his keyboard to write :
On 3/28/2024 4:30 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote at 08:54 this Thursday (GMT):
On 3/27/2024 2:20 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
floffy@gallaxial.com <floffy@gallaxial.com> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:25:55 +0100, Thomas Hochstein <thh@thh.name> wrote:

floffy@gallaxial.com wrote:

the problem with this hamter is NO HELP the Help is unsupport
Try to Find a Help files (f1) working but unsuccess

Hamster's help files are in HLP format and designed for the old
WinHlp32.exe; this format has not been supported since Windows Vista, and
WinHlp32 versions don't run after Windows 8. See
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607> for more information.

There are current help files in German as part of the Hamster Classic Beta
releases, see <https://hamster-classic.de/download:download> (you can use
Gogle Translate or Deepl). I don't have a source for current help files in
other languages.

-thh

I use the old Winhlp32 from a WinXP it's Working , But Documentation
is simplest (english)

    Just give yourself some time to learn. Trust me, it's worth it. I've
been using Hamster for two decades now (before that, INN on a Real UNIX
TM system).

How is it actually used, I had a brief look at it but it seemed somewhat
complicated. Is it like leafnode on unixoid systems?
  I think it works like this:
Hamster downloads new articles on your account on a regular interval
You read those downloaded articles from Hamster (even offline)
"Posting a reply" puts the message into a message queue
Next time it fetches articles, it also posts the queue

here's an intersting question I haven't found out yet: how long is the interval and how do you change it? I don't seem to be able to find a setting for that in Hamster (I just installed it) and have not found anything in the manual yet.
 From what I can see it should be defined by script within Hamster?
Hi Kyonshi,
(from Hamster Playground):
- In Hamster Control:
First you have to add a nntpserver, then
"Tasks" / "Setup User Tasks / Add" - give it a name and add the
nntpserver - Save
- "Tasks" / "Setup Scheduled Tasks / Add" -
Look for the Task you have created and save
This window will show all the options to configure that task.
[S]
Eduardo.
--
[s]