Re: I did not inhale

Sujet : Re: I did not inhale
De : jfairchild (at) *nospam* tudado.org (Johanne Fairchild)
Groupes : comp.unix.shell comp.unix.programmer comp.lang.misc
Date : 13. Apr 2024, 13:17:31
ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:

Johanne Fairchild <jfairchild@tudado.org> wrote or quoted:
I programmed in Perl to filter log files, but then I got to The AWK
Programming Language book.  Sadly, I never wrote another Perl.  I
don't
think I do very well with sophisticated languages.  I feel I need a
single reasonable way of doing things.

  Perl:

  The motto of the Perl community is, "There's More Than One Way
  To Do It," or TMTOWDI (pronounced "Tim Toady").

  Python:

  There should be one - and preferably only one - obvious way
  to do it. Although that way may not be obvious at first unless
  you're Dutch.

Why Dutch?  Unless I understand Guido van Rossum very well? :)