Re: help with a logic algorithm

Sujet : Re: help with a logic algorithm
De : anton.txt (at) *nospam* g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Groupes : comp.lang.c
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 15:49:38
Paul:

Logic manipulation is used for at least logic design, and
things like Quine McClusky helped minimize logic gates in
the jelly bean era. I was taught QM and Petrics in uni,
but no code was available to play with it, and doing it by
hand is, well, work.

Not where I work as a programmer.  We use several large
commericial enterprise systems for business-process
organisation, and are implementors of yet another enterprise
system for ERP.  I routinely meet with bugs and design flaws
in all those systems that interfere with my everyday work
and submit those bugs to the support of those products. Most
of the time they decide not to fix anything.

They have neither pride not other incentive to fix bugs
reported by a programmer from a client, because not fixing
it will have no negative consequences. SAP is one such
company. Announcing new features (however buggy) in a PR
pamphlet generates more revenue than having a reliable
product with a good API.

This seems the generally accepted approach by the developers
corporate commercial software, SAP being one of them.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign -- against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   -- against proprietary attachments