USA is shitting its pants (Was: Holy Shit: AI is cheaper than Humans)

Sujet : USA is shitting its pants (Was: Holy Shit: AI is cheaper than Humans)
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : comp.lang.prolog
Date : 16. Sep 2024, 00:20:28
You know USA has a problem,
when Oracle enters the race:
To source the 131,072 GPU Al "supercluster,"
Larry Ellison, appealed directly to Jensen Huang,
during a dinner joined by Elon Musk at Nobu.
"I would describe the dinner as me and Elon
begging Jensen for GPUs. Please take our money.
We need you to take more of our money. Please!”
https://twitter.com/benitoz/status/1834741314740756621
Meanwhile a contender in Video GenAI
FLUX.1 from Germany, Hurray! With Open Source:
OK. Now I'm Scared... AI Better Than Reality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMAVWDD-DU
Mild Shock schrieb:
 The carbon emissions of writing and illustrating
are lower for AI than for humans
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-024-54271-x
 Perplexity CEO Aravind Srinivas says that the cost per
query in AI models has decreased by 100x in the past
2 years and quality will improve as hallucinations
decrease 10x per year
https://twitter.com/tsarnick/status/1830045611036721254
 Disclaimer: Can't verify the later claim... need to find a paper.
  Mild Shock schrieb:

Your new Scrum Master is here! - ChatGPT, 2023
https://www.bbntimes.com/companies/ai-will-make-agile-coaches-and-scrum-masters-redundant-in-less-than-2-years >

LoL

Thomas Alva Edison schrieb am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 um 15:28:05 UTC+2:
Prolog Class Signpost - American Style 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQKltWI0NA