Re: Corona isn't over 2024 (Was: French Philosophy in 2024)

Sujet : Re: Corona isn't over 2024 (Was: French Philosophy in 2024)
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : comp.lang.prolog
Date : 12. Jul 2024, 12:36:22
Hi,
Forget face masks, it might be the
beginning of a new experience for the world!
Coronaviruses are oculotropic
Bye
Mild Shock schrieb:
Hi,
 In 2023 Dr. Ben Goertzel praised back to
normal, today in 2024 everybody has mysterious
eyeinfections and a new wave is reported:
 Flirt-Varianten: Sommer-Coronawelle nimmt Fahrt auf
https://www.mdr.de/wissen/medizin-gesundheit/corona-fallzahlen-sommerwelle-100.html   Bye
 Mild Shock schrieb:
Hi,

Actually thridness is not only the art of making
three-fold divisions. Usually one aims a finding
a 3 that is the relation between 1 and 2, so that

we have this relation satisfied:

    3(1, 2)

Of course we can have the stance, and say that |-
does that already. Only |- is highly ambigious,
if you see Γ |- α you don't know what was the last

inference rule applied. But for proof extraction
you want exactly know that.

Bye

P.S.: And Peirce isn't wrong when he says thirdness
is enough, just take set theory, which can do all
of mathematics? Its based on  this thirdness only:

    x ∈ y

The set membership. But set membership is as ugly as |-,
it also doesn't say why an element belongs to a set.

LoL

Mild Shock schrieb:
Hi,

Now I had an extremly resilient correspondent, who
wants to do proof extraction, but at the same
time refuses to learn the Curry-Howard isomorphism.

But its so easy, was just watching:

Hyperon Session with Dr. Ben Goertzel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uy3j4WCiXQ

At t=1853 he mentions C. S. Peirce thirdness, which
you can use to explain the Curry-Howard isomorphism:

1 *\        Γ = Context
   | \
   |  * 3    t = λ-Expression
   | /
2 */        α = Type

The above is a trikonic visualization of the judgement
Γ |- t : α, applying the art of making three-fold divisions.

But I guess C. S. Peirce is not read in France, since
it requires English. Or maybe there is a french translation?

Bye

Mild Shock schrieb:

Could be a wake-up call this many participants
already in the commitee, that the whole logic
world was asleep for many years:

Non-Classical Logics. Theory and Applications XI,
5-8 September 2024, Lodz (Poland)
https://easychair.org/cfp/NCL24

Why is Minimal Logic at the core of many things?
Because it is the logic of Curry-Howard isomoprhism
for symple types:

----------------
Γ ∪ { A } ⊢ A

Γ ∪ { A } ⊢ B
----------------
Γ ⊢ A → B

Γ ⊢ A → B           Δ ⊢ A
----------------------------
Γ ∪ Δ ⊢ B

And funny things can happen, especially when people
hallucinate duality or think symmetry is given, for
example in newer inventions such as λμ-calculus,

but then omg ~~p => p is nevertheless not provable,
because they forgot an inference rule. LoL

Recommended reading so far:

Propositional Logics Related to Heyting’s and Johansson’s
February 2008 - Krister Segerberg
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228036664

The Logic of Church and Curry
Jonathan P. Seldin - 2009
https://www.sciencedirect.com/handbook/handbook-of-the-history-of-logic/vol/5/suppl/C >

Meanwhile I am going back to my tinkering with my
Prolog system, which even provides a more primitive
logic than minimal logic, pure Prolog is minimal

logic without embedded implication.

Mild Shock schrieb:

Your new Scrum Master is here! - ChatGPT, 2023
https://www.bbntimes.com/companies/ai-will-make-agile-coaches-and-scrum-masters-redundant-in-less-than-2-years >

LoL

Thomas Alva Edison schrieb am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 um 15:28:05 UTC+2:
Prolog Class Signpost - American Style 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQKltWI0NA