Re: text editor

Sujet : Re: text editor
De : ram (at) *nospam* zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) (ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram))
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 03:54:35
Mickey D <mickeydavis078XX@ptd.net> wrote or quoted:
Is it possible to have a normal text editor on Android
so that I can open any text file from anywhere in that Android text editor?
  On early Android versions there were no such problems. Then it
  was changed so that, as a default, every app (package) can only
  control its "own files". But an app that is aware of this new
  regulation may ask the user to grant additional permissions to
  access files in more directories IIRC. If you can't find such
  an editor, a quick fix might be to store all text files into the
  "directory of the editor" if possible. As another example, I wanted
  to view an HTML file with a browser, turned out, I had to copy
  that file into the "downloads" directory of that browser IIRC!
  It seems they want isolated apps, island apps. Users should never
  learn or forget that cross-app files exist.
  I'd love to buy devices with Android 2.2, but it seems one
  cannot buy new devices with Android 2.2 anymore. I even managed
  to buy a device that says "2.2" on the box, but then had 2.4
  installed. And things have gone even more astray since then ...
|People are crazy and times are strange
|I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
|I used to care, but things have changed
Bob Dylan