Re: Weather icon?

Sujet : Re: Weather icon?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 06. Jul 2024, 15:45:37
micky wrote on Sat, 06 Jul 2024 06:14:02 -0400 :

Here's an example of me creating a map shortcut to the nearest hospital.
  <https://i.postimg.cc/GpGxqFhC/alert03.jpg>

There's a reason I said Muntashirakon App Manager is the best out there.

I know what you mean,.  I do not care for widgets either.

They are called "short icons" now.   Or little people.

Philosophically, I'm not sure why widgets exist, but I think they exist
because people want one-tap access to the "insides" of a given app.

The widget gives them that one-tap access to the "inside" page of a given
app, which is more properly termed an "Activity" in Android terminology.

You can see every Activity in an Android app in many ways - only one of
which is to use the Muntashirakon App Manager - but what Muntashirakon
provides is a button called "Create Shortcut" for each public activity.

Once you tap on that button, a shortcut is placed on the homescreen.

Back to philosophy, it's my opinion that if people knew better how to
create one-tap shortcuts to public Activities, widgets wouldn't be needed.

A caveat is that I haven't tested, one to one, what a widget does that a
one-tap shortcut to a public Activity doesn't do - so there may be extra
special magic in a widget that I'm unaware of (as I never use widgets).