Re: Weather icon?

Sujet : Re: Weather icon?
De : doseas{nospam} (at) *nospam* usa.net (David Oseas)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 06. Jul 2024, 17:34:10
On 7/6/2024 6:45 AM, Andrew wrote:

 Philosophically, I'm not sure why widgets exist, but I think they exist
because people want one-tap access to the "insides" of a given app.

Widgets were originally designed to present an at-a-glance display of info, without the need to open up an app.
Think clock, weather, music currently playing, today's agenda, network connectivity, etc.  Imagine how annoying it would be to have to tap & open up an app every time to get that kind of info.
Regards,
-David