Re: How to refresh Android Firefox via http... or to restart Firefox app?

Sujet : Re: How to refresh Android Firefox via http... or to restart Firefox app?
De : dave (at) *nospam* dave123royal.com (Dave Royal)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 07. Mar 2024, 19:00:06
"Wendelin Uez" <wuez@online.de> Wrote in message:

*m sorry, it still doesn't work.
 I verified Greasemonkey script code for CloseTabAfterInterval:
 // ==UserScript==
// @name        Close tab after interval
// @version     1
// @include     http://example.com
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==
setTimeout(window.close,5000);
 Then I...
 - started Firefox app, no old tabs open
 - verified Greasemonkey activated
 - added new tab 1 and opened http://info.com  - added new tab 2 and opened http://example.com
 - tab doesn't close
  Then I checked Greasemonkey menu (entries translated from German).
There is no "User scripts for this tab" or similar.
That means there is no script matching the include

main menu:
# Greasemonkey is activated (checked)
# Greasemonkey Options
# --------------------
# other user concepts
#  CloseTabAfterInterval
# --------------------
# New User Script...
# Export...
# Import...
# --------------------
# Greasemonkey Homepage
# Greasemonkey Wiki
# User Scripts in network
 selecting main menu CloseTabAfterInterval returns
submenu 1:
# CloseTabAfterInterval
# --------------------
# Activated (checked)
# Edit
# Deinstall
# Userscript Options
# --------------------
# Version 1
 selecting main menu Greasemonkey Options returns
submenu 2
# Global Exceptions
-> empty listbox plus a line with "+ Ignore https://example.com/*"
That suggests the current tab is https
Have you got https-only mode set in Fx settings?
Change include to https

# Editor
"Use enhanced editor" checked
 selecting submenu 1 UserScript Options returns
subpage 1
* automatic update deactivated
* update now
* Userdefined Includes: empty box
- "use only these ones" unchecked
* Userdefined Excludes: empty box
- "use only these ones" unchecked
* Userdefined Matches: empty box
- rest of page invisible because page can not be scrolled up/down
  Question:
 What do I have to enter in script's last line instead of  "setTimeout..." to test for another function, f.e. displaying a messagebox , loading a website, or anything else? Maybe only the setTimeout function does not work here.
alert("Hello")
--
Remove numerics from my email address.