Re: text editor

Sujet : Re: text editor
De : ram (at) *nospam* zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram) (ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram))
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 17:03:45
Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote or quoted:
still quite akward to use. Also the CUI (Character/'Console' UI) of vim
doesn't quite fit the GUI of Android.
  That's what I liked about Android 2.2. You could install
  "TerminalIDE", which would open a terminal and give you a
  fully-fledged UN*X environment with a kind of bash, vim and
  a java compiler, aapt, apkbuilder, signer and the usual GNU
  tools so you could develop Java apps for Android on Android
  and then also start them from the command line.
  I developed some simple apps in this shell editing them with
  vim on my Android device.
  But then Google changed something, and, today, such things do
  not seem to be possible anymore.