Re: Samsung Galaxy A8 10" Tablet, Background Adjustment

Sujet : Re: Samsung Galaxy A8 10" Tablet, Background Adjustment
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 23:02:20
AJL wrote on Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:01:50 -0700 :

    My Wife has a Samsung Galaxy A8  10" tablet.

    The home screen background is light.  Reading the
white letter text for various icons could be improved
it there is a way to make the background darker
such as dark gray or blue.

     I went into Settings,  Display and Wallpaper, but
I could not find a method to set a darker background.

     If you know how, please respond.

        Thank You in advance,  John

  I don't have a Samsung tablet, but have a Samsung phone (A51, Android
13):

  Settings -> Wallpaper and style -> Change wallpapers

  This shows all kinds of wallpapers. On my phone, the group of
'Featured' wallpapers sows a darkish green wallpaper. A wallpaper can be
applied to the Lock screen or/and the Home screen.

Same settings on my Samsung Tab S9FE 10.9" tablet...

+1

I also have a Samsung although I use the Nova launcher, so when I want to
change the background, I long press on the background and it gives 3
choices (desktop, lock screen & something else that I forget what it was)
plus it has wallpaper scrolling & locking of the screen (which you have to
unlock to change the wallpaper), and wallpaper transition effects, etc.

Looking at the menus, it also has "Settings > Wallpapers & style" and then
"Change wallpapers" as described above, which I didn't actually even know
about until now.

Since, for anti-fingerprinting purposes, you don't want a unique wallpaper,
you're probably best with the original wallpaper that came with the phone,
but for me, it's too busy so I use a flat dark black color which I used to
take a photo with the phone on a table (as black as I could get it).

But now I see in the "Wallpapers & style" setting that I could set the
color, although it's confusing because they want an entire palette.

When I selected "Basic colors", the one color that is most functional isn't
there, which is "Black" (which I presume has the most contrast and more
importantly, I presume black uses the least amount of battery juice").

Does it?