Re: Keeping batteries charged no more than 80%

Sujet : Re: Keeping batteries charged no more than 80%
De : noemail (at) *nospam* none.com (AJL)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 03:36:15
On 3/11/24 5:23 PM, micky wrote:
If it's considered proper to charge a cellphone only to 80%, what about
other devices that use batteries.  Today I got a rechargeable bluetooth
speaker to use with my cellpphone, and the instructions say to charge
it, until the red light turns blue.  Isn't that 100%, not 80%.  Am i
damaging the speaker battery by charging it until the liught turns blue?
For that matter, what about people who leave their phone plugged into
the charger or sitting on the wireless charger all night?   Doesn't it
go to 100% and sit there,
Guilty as charged (get it? :). I'm an overnight wireless charger that has a
 100% battery every morning. Been doing it for 4+ years now. I do it to
 start the day with a full 100% phone so it won't run out early on a busy
 day. So far after 4+ years there's no NOTICIBLE battery problems for my
 use. YMMV of course...

still charging even after it's reached 100%.
My wireless charger quits charging when the phone reaches full charge. You
 can tell when the charging light goes out...