Re: European Commission sober! iMessage is not to be designated a "core platform service".

Sujet : Re: European Commission sober! iMessage is not to be designated a "core platform service".
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 23:15:13
On 2024-03-12 19:00, Arno Welzel wrote:
Carlos E.R., 2024-03-07 13:23:

On 2024-03-07 12:48, Arno Welzel wrote:
Jan K., 2024-03-07 05:44:

W Wed, 6 Mar 2024 20:03:26 +0100, Arno Welzel napisal:

With RCS, it is supported.

Yes, but RCS is not SMS.

RCS isn't supported in this app, but is the group SMS message supported?
   <https://home.pulsesms.app/overview/>

There is no "group SMS" - it is just a SMS message to multiple numbers.
Depending on the SMS app you can of course you can create "groups" which
just contain multiple recipients for your message. But everybody will
still just get a single message by you and can not see if the SMS
message was sent to other people as well.

The recipient of the SMS sent to the group can reply to the group.
However it works, it does work.
 So - if an user get's an SMS(!) from an iMessage group - what number is
then used as the "Sender" number?
The time I saw this, most of us were using Androids, I don't remember if anyone was using an iphone. But I was in Canada, so people just used SMS, not WhatsApp. Some of us had RCS activated, not all.
When I got an SMS, it appeared first as an SMS coming from an individual, and moments later, it moved to the group. And for sending, I sent to the group, but it was in fact sent to every phone in the group. Another person commented this same behaviour on their phone.
But it appeared as if sending/receiving from the group. I was probably using Google Messages App.
--
Cheers, Carlos.