Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?

Sujet : Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?
De : the_stan_brown (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 06:44:18
On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:28:52 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:

The New York Times today mentioned that people who call or message an
iPhone that's on DND get a reply telling them it's on DND, but the
article (URL below) didn't say anything either way about Androids. I
don't see anything promising in Settings under Do Not Disturb.

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/13/style/do-not-disturb-phone-
setting.html?unlocked_article_code=1.cU0.EsXn.FqT98zMMXeK7&smid=url-
share>

The Times has a paywall, but the above URL, provided by the Times,
gets you past it for this article.

Thanks for the responses. Looks like a caller can't tell whether my
Android phone is on DND or just not answering. Presumably DND shifts
them to voicemail without delay, so that might give them a clue,
though they'd experience the same thing if I was prompt about tapping
Reject.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA         https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...