Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?

Sujet : Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?
De : hugybear (at) *nospam* gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 08:57:51
Am 14.03.24 um 05:44 schrieb Stan Brown:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:28:52 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:

The New York Times today mentioned that people who call or message an
iPhone that's on DND get a reply telling them it's on DND, but the
article (URL below) didn't say anything either way about Androids. I
don't see anything promising in Settings under Do Not Disturb.

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/13/style/do-not-disturb-phone-
setting.html?unlocked_article_code=1.cU0.EsXn.FqT98zMMXeK7&smid=url-
share>

The Times has a paywall, but the above URL, provided by the Times,
gets you past it for this article.
 Thanks for the responses. Looks like a caller can't tell whether my
Android phone is on DND or just not answering. Presumably DND shifts
them to voicemail without delay, so that might give them a clue,
though they'd experience the same thing if I was prompt about tapping
Reject.
That is correct. But you can silence your Android by putting it face down on the table. Ideal for company or private meetings. As soon as you pick it up it rings again on incoming calls and notifications.
--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)