Re: European Commission sober! iMessage is not to be designated a "core platform service".

Sujet : Re: European Commission sober! iMessage is not to be designated a "core platform service".
De : usenet (at) *nospam* arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 14:00:16
Carlos E.R., 2024-03-12 22:15:

On 2024-03-12 19:00, Arno Welzel wrote:
[...]
So - if an user get's an SMS(!) from an iMessage group - what number is
then used as the "Sender" number?

The time I saw this, most of us were using Androids, I don't remember if
anyone was using an iphone. But I was in Canada, so people just used
SMS, not WhatsApp. Some of us had RCS activated, not all.

When I got an SMS, it appeared first as an SMS coming from an
individual, and moments later, it moved to the group. And for sending, I
sent to the group, but it was in fact sent to every phone in the group.
Another person commented this same behaviour on their phone.

But it appeared as if sending/receiving from the group. I was probably
using Google Messages App.

Well - Google Messages my use additional communication protocols even
for SMS. So when it gets an SMS it may check if the sender is also
connected to the Google messaging network which apps can use to exchange
any kind information of the internet (also known as Firebase Cloud
Messaging) and use that as an additional way of transmitting information
to each other.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de