Re: Samsung email app (on Galaxy Tab S9) moves from side to side about once a second

Sujet : Re: Samsung email app (on Galaxy Tab S9) moves from side to side about once a second
De : noemail (at) *nospam* none.com (AJL)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 19:39:16
On 3/14/24 9:47 AM, NY wrote:
I've installed the Samsung email app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 and configured two email accounts - both of which can send and receive email, so the accounts are working OK.

I notice that the Email icon (and the associated text "Email") on the home screen constantly moves slightly from side to side among the rectangular grid that all the app icons are constrained to follow.

I wondered whether it was telling me that there was one or more unread message, but I've selected all and marked them as read. And anyway, I'd expect an app to signify new messages as a "badge" numeral on the app's icon.I can;t see anything among the Settings options for the Email app to figure how new messages are denoted on the icon.

The info for the app is V6.1.90.16, installed from Play Store.

Any suggestions what is causing it?

Unfortunately, Googling for "Samsung email app icon moving from side to side" doesn't bring up any relevant matches; all it mentions is *all" apps moving around the screen as new apps are installed (because they are sorted alphabetically rather than allowed to be positioned manually).

The icon on the Apps page (ie list of all apps installed, irrespective of whether/where the icon are position on one of the home screens) stays static and does not vibrate from side to side.
Interesting. I'm posting this with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9FE (the cheaper
 model of yours) and it didn't come with a Samsung email app. I didn't
 notice until now since I use Gmail and the Gmail app did come already
 installed. (Google: "Take that Samsung") But I checked in the Samsung store
 and it's there for download so all is not lost if I ever get pissed at
 Google. Bottom line, I'm not curious enough to download it to see if it
 does what yours does, sorry. Suggestion if you can't fix it, get another
 email app, there are sure lots more out there...