Re: Save tickets in an emmail?

Sujet : Re: Save tickets in an emmail?
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 22:09:05
On 2024-03-13 14:38, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 2024-03-13 12:50, Newyana2 wrote:
"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

| Your tickets can’t be printed if you bought your tickets over the phone,
| no Print Tickets button appears, or from the app.
|
| So, there is something called "Mobile Entry tickets" that can not be
| printed, so watch for that.

   That seems to be the case. If I understand it correctly,
she now has a choice to scan her TM app at the door,
or save the "tickets" to Google Pay. Last night she couldn't
get the TM app to work properly. Hopefully that will work out
and she can save the tickets to Google Pay. She's taking her
granddaughter to the circus and is panicking over the prospect
of a problem at entry.

   I'm repeatedly surprised by how much a kiosk device
cellphones are. Everything goes through an app. Simply
buying tickets to the circus is involving Ticketmaster and
Google. And still one doesn't actually have the tickets.
Accessing the "ticket" requires contacting one of those
companies. I guess I'd expected there to be an app that
would represent personal storage on the cellphone. Then
the tickets would be some kind of digitally signed file. Though
I suppose that also has limitations. If it were done that way
then losing the cellphone would mean losing the tickets.
 Some kind of digitally signed file is actually used, depending on the particular protocol the venue uses. And the file is saved locally, and displayed by an application designed for the purpose.
As I mentioned on another post, yesterday I went to the cinema and I bought the ticket online. I can buy on site at arrival, but the place is 50 Km away, and I'd risk a line up or not getting a seat placed where I like (or even none at all if the show is very popular). This way I got a place right at the axis, in the very perpendicular line to the screen centre in all directions.
    (why 50 Km away? I can see the same movie locally, but dubbed to Spanish. The only place that shows them in English is 50 Km away).
I got the ticket in several forms.
* I got an html email, nicely formatted, with all the information and a dotcode for the scanner. The code is labelled with a text code, a 7 char word. I probably can tell the person at the entrance that word and get in, but I'm not going to try and put her on difficulties by being a weirdo :-p
The email can be directly scanned as is at the entrance, but I had to increase manually my mobile luminosity.
The ticket formatting has a design problem, though:
   Entradas: 1 x -Miércoles al cine VIP (6,70 € - 710)
The "710" is the seat code: row 7, seat 10.
* The email had a PDF attached with the invoice. This PDF doesn't include the dot code.
In previous years, the email did not show the dotcode; I had to open the PDF for that. They have reversed it.
* The email can be printed at home, and use the paper at the entrance.
* Making a photo of the computer display is not mentioned on any of the instructions. I don't think they like that system.
* The email has a link for "display the ticket online". This link, if used on the phone, opens a web page that among other things has another link to add the ticket to Google Wallet. This is simply a download file that is handled by that application locally. You don't need to be online for displaying the ticket with the app.
In my case, this only works with Google browser, Chrome, not with Firefox, because I never login to Google on FF. You need a google account active in order to download the ticket to Google Wallet, apparently.
I tested this procedure out of curiosity. The ticket is still available there. Tapping it displays the ticket and dot code with maximum luminosity. Now I selected "archive this ticket" and it is stored out of view.
It mentions that it can not be shared with other apps.
* This same download to Wallet option was available on the purchasing web page, but as I did this on the computer, the option would not have worked (and I was not logged to Google on the computer, either).
There are other ticket applications, but this venue has chosen Google Wallet, so that's it.
So, there are several methods to produce the ticket at the entrance, and all of them worked for me. No problems at all.
The ticket can be purchased on other web pages, which may use different methods for the ticket.
The ticket includes a small fee for handling. This is a part that I don't understand, as no human intervened. It is me the human that puts the work, not them. If I was using a third party site for obtaining the ticket that would understandable, but not if it is the cinema own web site. However, at 7€ I am not going to complain.
Oh, we can buy the popcorn online, too. Identify yourself at the venue and you get your order completed.
--
Cheers, Carlos.