Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?

Sujet : Re: Can a caller know that my phone is on Do Not Disturb?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 15. Mar 2024, 01:15:24
Stan Brown wrote on Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:44:18 -0700 :

Presumably DND shifts
them to voicemail without delay, so that might give them a clue

Are you sure about that?

I don't know anything about DND except what I looked up for you prior, but
from what I read, it acts "as if it was ringing" and only after it stopped
ringing, does it go to voice mail (if that's how you set it up to do).

If that's the case, the only thing is you never hear (or see?) the rings.

But from the caller's perspective, it's as if it rang the requisite five or
six times (or whatever) and you weren't able to answer it in that time.

At least that's the gist of what I gleaned from the references I cited.