Re: Sudden screen re-arrangement-OT

Sujet : Re: Sudden screen re-arrangement-OT
De : jetjock (at) *nospam* unkown.com (jetjock)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android alt.Windows7.general
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 16:56:41
On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:25:43 -0700, David Oseas
<doseas{nospam}@usa.net> wrote:

On 3/18/2024 10:42 AM, Ed Cryer wrote:
My android phone has suddenly rearranged all the icons through all the
screens.
A new little white circle with 9 little dots has appeared on the home
screen,

Unlike MS Windows that seems to re-arrange its desktop icons every time
it updates the icon cache,

I have used this little Shell program for quite a while now to prevent
my icons from moving around in Windows. Works great!
http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/desktoprestore.htm

there are only two reasons that I'm aware of
that cause Android to re-arrange icons:
1. you installed a new app & have "Add to Home Screen" turned on
2. you changed Home Screen settings/customizations

You don't mention the brand/model of phone that you have.

The icon you describe sounds like the app drawer icon that I have on my
Samsung Galaxy S23.  For my phone, I can control whether or not that
icon is displayed by Settings > Home Screen > "Show Apps screen button
on Home screen".

On my phone, I can control whether new app icons are displayed on the
home screen by Settings > Home Screen > "Add new apps to Home screen".
I believe that this setting is turned on by default.  One of the first
things that I do with a new phone is to turn this setting off, since I
carefully organize the icons on my Home Screen & don't want anything to
change it.

Lastly, you should be able to see what has been recently installed on
your phone (assuming that you didn't manually side load an app) by Play
Store > click on profile pic or initials in upper right > "Manage apps &
devices" > Manage tab > select "Installed", then sort by "Recently updated"

Regards,

-David