Re: Disappearing text, and text icon that won't disappear

Sujet : Re: Disappearing text, and text icon that won't disappear
De : this (at) *nospam* ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Apr 2024, 15:56:25
micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
I got a notification today, 2, one after another, that looked like I'd
gotton a text.  It had choices at the bottom, Reply, Mark Read, but I
did nothing and after 3 or 4 seconds each one disappeared.

It started with my niece's first name and said something about her
birthday, which iirc is about now.  I don't know who would have sent
this.  My niece calls or emails on rare occasions but never texts, and
it was addressed to her, not me.

But when I opened the text app, the only one this phone has, there was
nothing there about her.    The last text shown was from Monday and it's
Thrsday now.

What's going on.

  The choices on the SMS notification panel are probably not only 'View'
and 'Mark as read', but also 'Delete'.

  It looks like you accidentily touched the 'Delete' part of the
notification.

  If so, you may want to have a look if your Messages app has a Trash
folder and if so, see if the 'ghost' SMS messages are in there.

  In my Samsung Messages app, it is: <three vertical dots icon> -> Trash.
My Messages app keeps deleted messages for 30 days.

  Hope this helps.

[...]