Re: Android Usenet news newsreader

Sujet : Re: Android Usenet news newsreader
De : noemail (at) *nospam* none.com (AJL)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 01. May 2024, 18:26:34
On 5/1/24 8:13 AM, Andrew wrote:
Are there any other Android Usenet news newsreaders than these seven?

1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.cmg.android.phonews
2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmgapps.android.phonewspro
3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almarsoft.GroundhogReader
4. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup
5. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ken.android.nntpreader.pro
6. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noasy.newsreader
7. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=usenet.sinaapp.com

Some of those are no longer valid URLs but I'm just looking for the package
names of all known Android Usenet news newsreaders (whether they're bad or
worse) as once I know the package I can get the APK from mirrors such as
https://m.apkpure.com/groundhog-usenet-reader/com.almarsoft.GroundhogReader
https://www.appbrain.com/app/noasy-reader/com.noasy.newsreader
Some comments on the readers above that I use/have used:
Piahhong's Newsgroup: It got/has a posting bug. The carriage returns are
 gone. It still works but when you post you have to manually separate the
 lines. A PITA.
Groundhog: It won't post after Android 9. The menu is gone. However it still
 will read and is easier to use than PhoNews for reading. So I use it on my
 Android devices for reading and when I want to post I switch over to
 PhoNews.
PhoNews: I use it on my Chrome devices (like this Chromebook I'm now posting
 with). For security reasons my Chrome devices don't allow sideloading so I
 have to use what's in the Play Store. I bought this PhoNews Pro for 2 bucks
 several years ago and it seems to do the job. I used to think it wouldn't
 cross post but that may have been my error as I see that the Newsgroup line
 above on this posting page can in fact be edited. It's not automatically
 transferred from the reader page like my other newsreaders were. I'll have
 to test it on the next crosspost I respond to. Sorry for the past slander
 PhoNews (I think, time will tell)...