Re: How will the police find me.

Sujet : Re: How will the police find me.
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 20. May 2024, 23:42:52
Bill Bradshaw wrote on Mon, 20 May 2024 10:06:34 -0800 :

micky wrote:
Going hiking tomorrow.  Finally realized I was sending my location to
my ex-GF, but I hadn't told her how to see it.   Assuming the worst,
that I break my leg and can't get off the trail, but the phone is
broken or stolen, and assuming she actually notices it's 6PM and I
still haven't texted her to say I'm done, she can see my phone's
location using the simple instructions I found on the web.

When I am out alone I always run a track on my GPS (not phone) which I can
follow back so I do not get lost because I am 78 years old.  If you are
really worried you should look at something like a Garmin inReach.

I use something like that for finding my car in mall parking lots.
 *GPS Waypoint Finder* by keuwlsoft
 free, ad free, gsf free, 3.9 star, 1.35K reviews, 100K+ Downloads
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.gpswaypoints>

 *Parked Car* by Myroslav Kolodii
 free, ad free, requires gsf, 4.4 star, 179 reviews, 10K+ Downloads
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unagit.parkedcar>

 *GPS to SMS* - location sharing by Tralchonok Labs
 free, ad free, gsf free, 3.6 star, 787 reviews, 100K+ Downloads
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.perm.trubnikov.gps2sms>
 <https://github.com/tral/GPS2SMS>
 <https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-2-2-gps-to-sms-location-sharing.2994187/>

In addition, there are park maps in the free outerspacial which will
show the location of every park ranger office in the United States.
 *OuterSpatial* by OuterSpatial
 free, ad free, requires gsf, rated 3.4 out of 113 reviews @ 10K+ Downloads
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trailheadlabs.outerspatial>
 <https://www.outerspatial.com/>