Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

Sujet : Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.
De : usenet (at) *nospam* arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 31. May 2024, 13:07:01
micky, 2024-05-29 05:34:

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 29 May 2024 00:06:09 +0200, Arno Welzel
<usenet@arnowelzel.de> wrote:
[...]
A "clock-radio"? I know "clock-radio" as a device which contains a clock
and a radio and you can set a time to turn off the radio part
automatically - for example after 1 or 2 hours. But the device itself
will of course still be turned on, just the radio reception and audio
playback will stop.

As I said, plus any 110volt device plugged into the outlet in the back
will also stop, completely.

Yes, not the same as what I wanted for android, but you can easily
arrange for a Windows computer to turn off completely, as completely as

Yes, because in Windows program do not run within a sandbox where they
don't have access to the underlying system as in Android. Therefore you
need root access for this and *maybe* an app which is registered as
accessibility helper is also allowed to do that, but I wouldn't count on it.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de