Can you see the list of project mainline modules on your Android device?

Sujet : Can you see the list of project mainline modules on your Android device?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 19. Jun 2024, 00:31:34
Can you see the list of project mainline modules on your Android device?
 <https://i.postimg.cc/8cXB2gxj/mainline01.jpg>

According to Android Police, the list of Project Mainline modules can be
found in an XML file called "module_metadata.xml".
 <https://www.androidpolice.com/project-mainline-android-14/>

This XML file is contained within the ModuleMetadata app, which is also
responsible for providing the Google Play System Update version that you
see in Settings.

Using the Muntashirakon App Manager, and searching for "ModuleMetadata",
two packages show up on my Android 13 Galaxy device.
 com.google.android.modulemetadata Version 2023-06-01 S+ (331851034)
 com.google.android.overlay.modules.modulemetadata.forframework Version 1.0 (1)

Source directory /product/app/com.google.android.modulemetadata
Data directory /data/user/0/com.google.android.modulemetadata

I can't see these folders directly from my unrootable Galaxy but I can
trivially easily mount the entire set of sdcards using a free WebDav
server, which mounts "most" of the slash partition onto Windows so that I
can take a better look at these files in Android's system root partition.

net use Y: \192.168.0.2@8000\DavWWWRoot (this mounts sdcard 1)
net use Z: \192.168.0.2@8000\DavWWWRoot (this mounts sdcard 2)

I can see into the "Source directory" but not the "Data directory".
Y:\product\app\com.google.android.modulemetadata\com.google.android.modulemetadata.apk
Y:\data\(empty)