Re: Processes running

Sujet : Re: Processes running
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 10:30:24
Arno Welzel wrote on Sun, 30 Jun 2024 10:12:04 +0200 :

You can use an ADB shell and top or ps. This means you have to enable
developer options and ADB first on your device and install the
respective tools and drivers on the computer you use to connect to the
smartphone.

Then use "adb shell" to get a shell on the device.

To flesh out what Arno has stated, we covered in the past all the adb
commands related to services and processes when we explored Samsung Knox.

For example, on Windows:
  c:\> adb shell ps | findstr knox
  c:\> adb shell service list | findstr knox

When we explored Facebook in gory detail, we covered this adb command.
 c:\> adb shell dumpsys package com.facebook.appmanager
      This lists a specific app's components, activities & services, etc.

Another option may be this app:

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.standardadb>

I don't have my phone with me (it's drying out - as it got wet today).
But if I remember, tomorrow, I'll run a Skyica search for an adfree app.

As I recall, I have one-tap shortcuts which bring me to the processes
running and the services and the memory, etc. - but the phone is drying out
at the moment so I am not about to start it up to check until it dries out.