Re: Weather icon?

Sujet : Re: Weather icon?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 04. Jul 2024, 16:45:07
T wrote on Thu, 4 Jul 2024 02:27:16 -0700 :
How do I get this icon on my home screen?
Found it. It is a widget

Glad you found it. I don't like widgets (too big on my homescreen); but a
lot of apps make themselves into widgets for people to find them easily.

As a result of not using them, I've never really understood widgets.

However, for all to benefit so that people teach each other here on the
Android ng, another way to get an icon to any public "screen" inside any
app is to simply make a one-tap shortcut to the unique name of that screen.

In Android terms, any displayed screen inside any app is called an
Activity. If the Activity is public, then you can make a shortcut to it.

The easiest way to make a shortcut is to use the Muntashirakon App Manager,
which will show you every Activity inside any given app - and if that
Activity is public, then you can just tap on a button inside of
Muntashirakon App Manager to turn that one Activity deep inside any app,
into a one-tap shortcut on your Android homescreen.

Here's an example of me creating a map shortcut to the nearest hospital.
 <https://i.postimg.cc/GpGxqFhC/alert03.jpg>

There's a reason I said Muntashirakon App Manager is the best out there.