Re: Xcape

Sujet : Re: Xcape
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 12. Jun 2024, 18:05:13
On 6/12/2024 10:16 AM, vallor wrote:
On 6/10/2024 2:59 PM, vallor wrote:

Am I the only one around here that uses the heel of my left hand to
hit ctrl?

You're probably the only one around here that has a heel on his left
hand.

Interesting.  I went looking for a reference, and could not find this
usage.
 I take that back -- Goggle failed me.  I looked here:
 https://www.dictionary.com/browse/heel
 And found it at sense 9:
 the rear of the palm, adjacent to the wrist:
To perform CPR on an adult, begin by placing the heel of your hand on the
center of the person’s chest.
Never heard of 'heel of your hand'.
Google AI Overview says "The heel of the hand is the raised, inner part of the hand near the wrist, at the base of the metacarpal bones."
So it's a thing.

What I was referring to is the lower palm of the hand nearest the pinky.
How the heck can you hit one key with anything but a fingertip?  The Ctrl key on my MS Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard is just about flush with the chassis.  No way I can press that key with anything but a finger.