Re: Microsoft: one step forward, one step back

Sujet : Re: Microsoft: one step forward, one step back
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 26. Jun 2024, 18:47:53
On 2024-06-26 09:48, DFS wrote:
Step forward: the new Surface CoPilot computers are very repairable

https://www.tomshardware.com/tablets/microsoft-surface/surface-copilot-pcs-the-most-repairable-ever-ifixit-praises-microsofts-change-in-philosophy

Step back: MS removes instructions on switching from MS account to local account when logging into your PC

https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/microsoft-account-to-local-account-conversion-guide-erased-from-official-windows-11-guide-instructions-redacted-earlier-this-week

There's no excuse whatsoever for making it more difficult to bypass the use of a MS acct just to log into the OS.  If anything, using a MS account should be opt-in.
 Even you will have to admit it eventually: Microsoft has no interest in users having any kind of privacy.
If MS has been 'invading my privacy', I've seen no negatives from it.

Their optional telemetry will eventually become mandatory, and their optional client-side scanning will eventually be enabled by default. Using any previous operating system of theirs which doesn't have these "features" will become impossible.
They will, huh?
I know you believe in psychics, but I didn't know you actually were a psychic too!  Congrats!
So tell me: is MS really doomed?

Whether you like to admit it or not, you too will use Linux.
VERY doubtful.  Too much crappy hobbyware forced on you, and I DETEST Stallman, the "father" of the GPL.