The "Housing Choice Voucher" ( formerly known as Section 8 ) program.

Sujet : The "Housing Choice Voucher" ( formerly known as Section 8 ) program.
De : Usenet (at) *nospam* Jeff-Relf.Me (Relf)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 17. May 2024, 22:42:39
The "King County Housing Authority" (KCHA) runs
the "Housing Choice Voucher" ( formerly known as Section 8 ) program.

In King County, no landlord may reject an applicant
simply because he uses a Housing Choice Voucher.

With the voucher, only ~30 % of my SS check goes to rent & utilities;
the federal government pays the difference.

I'm on the waitlist to receive the voucher; it may take 3 years.
Unlike women & kids, the elderly are NOT prioritized.