Re: Happy Nowruz

Sujet : Re: Happy Nowruz
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 21. Mar 2024, 09:19:29
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 22:06:21 +0200, favask wrote:

On 19.03.24 22:13, rbowman wrote:
Screw the astronomical quibbling beloved by physicists. I saw four
buttercups yesterday. It's Spring!

Yaaaay, it is indeed! Tbh, holidays based on natural phenomena like the
length of the day, are much, much more meaningful than religious ones
like Easter etc. (except, religions also know that and do their best to
keep their holidays relatively in line with the natural facts of life
:-) ).

I always liked Easter. I'd mentally translate 'Christ is risen' to 'The
crocuses are risen.' Where I grew up there often was still snow on the
ground on Easter but the crocuses managed to resurrect themselves.