Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users

Sujet : Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 03. Jun 2024, 03:41:17
On Sun, 2 Jun 2024 23:16:04 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

Before the Triumph, I owned three different Aermacchi
"Harley-Davidsons." I bought a 125cc Rapido on time while working at
McDonalds in Great Falls at 16 years old. It was originally an Italian
race bike.

You meet the nicest people on an Aermacchi! I remember seeing them on what
I think was my first and only trip to the local HD dealership. The saleman
pointed me at them when all I wanted was a service manual for my '55 FLH.

Even back then a Harley cost as much as a mid-range sedan and the
clientele tended to be older and have disposable income. I was 18, poor,
and 1% material. Didn't fit the demographic. Lucky for me Brownie Betar
was an Indian dealer after the last Indian died and didn't mind helping
out a kid trying to patch together an old Harley,

https://www.cyclenews.com/2016/06/article/archives-indian-loyalist-
brownie-betar/

You probably had the better deal. When i called the family insurance man
he asked what the displacement was. I said '74', and he asked 'ccs'?'
'Er, no..'