Re: Windows is Doomed

Sujet : Re: Windows is Doomed
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 07. Mar 2024, 18:23:24
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 14:49:56 -0600, chrisv wrote:

My work PC is a laptop connected to a dock, which then connects to a
large monitor and ergo keyboard.  It does get used portably when I
travel on business.

I was away from home for 4 days a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten how awkward a 14" laptop is. It's always a trade off between usability and being too big to hump around.

I've got an Asus Eee PC 700 around here someplace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus_Eee_PC

It sounded like a good idea in 2007, small and cheap enough to toss into a saddle bag with no worries but definitely pushing the usability limit. It wouldn't support WPA2 which became a problem.
I saw one of those at Target when they first came out.
As for my Lenovo Flex 14" (heh heh), I use it a couple hours every day sitting
in front of the teevee watching news or Premiere League. The terminal windows,
tmux, virtual desktops, and gvim make it pleasant to work with.
--
"...The name of the song is called 'Haddocks' Eyes'!"
-- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"