Re: Since BlockNews didn't continue working

Sujet : Re: Since BlockNews didn't continue working
De : Physfitfreak (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 23:27:24
On 3/11/2024 2:00 PM, Joel wrote:
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/cq9SfVI.png

Did you unsubscribe and resubscribe all your blocknews groups?

Blocknews moved some/all of the groups to a new server, and assigned new
article numbers to all the posts in all the groups they moved.  This
messed with the continuity of the article numbers I captured in my
database.  I fixed that, but they should've kept the old numbers.

But they also dropped alt.comp.os.windows-11, and lost all the old
articles dating back to Nov 2021.

And the new server seems very slow - whereas I used to submit a post and
it was available 2-3 seconds later, now I won't get it from the server
for 10 minutes sometimes.

It's a letdown after years of stellar blocknews service.
  I was able to use BlockNews in Thunderbird, but not Agent.  Couldn't
get it to succeed in pulling headers.  Went back to Eternal September.

Some "Relf" type parochial third-world nut might've fucked it up for them.
Use German servers. They're maintained by first-world people, not "Mormons" and alike.