No, the topic wasn't mp3's

Sujet : No, the topic wasn't mp3's
De : vallor (at) *nospam* cultnix.org (vallor)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 10. Apr 2024, 01:36:45
The topic wasn't mp3's, but how we use Linux.

I brought up pulseaudio's superior sound-routing capabilities.

Laughing boy turned it into a discussion of his mp3's.

I don't know about you, but I prefer flac.  I usually use
either mplayer or vlc to play them.

Regarding sound routing, I'll give you another example besides
the one that laughing boy ignored:  my setup used to have a large-format
monitor mounted on the wall for displaying art, and sometimes hockey games.

With pavucontrol from pulse, it's trivial to send the hockey game
audio to that monitor, and have Elite Dangerous Odyssey audio on
my main speakers.  Win-win.

--
-v