Re: Ideas are not like candy.

Sujet : Re: Ideas are not like candy.
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 07. Mar 2024, 20:10:47
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 11:17:42 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

   Although NT was not an exact clone of Cutler's previous operating
   systems,
   DEC engineers almost immediately noticed the internal similarities.
That's always a problem despite the best intentions to do a clean room implementation. Like they say you can't unsee it. Even something like an embedded RTOS is going to look a lot like somebody else's. I'm surprised there aren't more conflicts in fiction and music like the Google and Oracle suit that made it to the Supremes. Of course most authors and musicians don't have huge legal departments and deep pockets.
It did take a while for NT to get ironed out. I can't remember the last time I saw the BSoD but it was a frequent flyer on my 4.0 box.